Emergency Poof Excursion

Bag O Loot: more poofs and yarn 
After buying Michael's out of Polyfil last week, I returned in a frenzy hoping they still had turquoise and green bath poofs.  Thankfully most people don't buy their bath poofs at a craft store, so I found the impulse bin in the back of the store well stocked. For $2 with a plastic massager, you bet I bought them all!  I've been using the nettings as sleeves for the arms of the Space Blooms.  They create a nice iridescent effect over the colored nylons, but I'm not sure they're going to withstand the test of rambunctious children. I've been using a heat gun (so glad I bought one, it's amazing!) to melt and shrink the plastic netting to make it less prone to tears.

Since the plastic massagers that came with the poofs have an outer-space organic look I figured I would incorporate them in the mobiles. I've been crocheting around their four "legs" as if I were spool or finger knitting.  I also found the crocheted work of artist Toshiko Horiuchi-MacAdam while searching for ways to make netting. Pretty darn cool! I've added more to my idea board as well.




Comments

Popular Posts