The Process



tracing>jigsawing>sanding>priming>painting+magic=Space Garden :)

My work station at Port Discovery with essential tools: jigsaw, drill, clamps, compass, eye goggles, face mask, sand paper, scissors, marker, and tape.  I've finally started using barrier cream and gloves to protect my hands, which is definitely a good habit to get into. 

In the last post I explained how I used tracing paper to make transfers.  I cut out the tracings to use as stencils, taped them to the MDF, and marked the outline.  I cut the shapes using the jigsaw, sanded the edges, added a few coats of primer, then finally paint.  It took about two or three days to complete the whole process from tracing to painting.  

Kitten guards the Space Garden debris when I need a break.  I've asked for her help a few times but she prefers to watch.




Comments

Popular Posts