Prototypin'

Cardboard circles for size reference
Scale model of the gear mechanism 
Today I spent most of my time cutting circles out of cardboard. It probably wasn't necessary to make life-size models of the gears before purchasing the MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard - stronger, denser, and cuts smoother than plywood) but I think it will be helpful.  At least I got to work outside and enjoy the beautiful weather instead of hacking at boxes for hours on end in the basement. It's much easier to visualize how the mechanism will look and work with gears the correct size rather than from the scale model.  I can make necessary adjustments with the cardboard pieces.  So now I'm off to test the gear combinations, then pick up some MDF!

Space Bloom protoype
Soft circuitry test for the interactive mural

Comments

Popular Posts